Is it Twittering or Tweetering?



I find it hard to define my feelings with social media in today's society. There are times that I feel like Mark Zuckerberg and I really feel excited about the connectivity. At other times, I feel like the grumpy old man on his porch, yelling at the neighbor's kids to "get off my lawn!" I have been a casual user of Facebook and Instagram since the launch of these social platforms. I signed up on Twitter but could never catch the Twitter "bug". Most recently, I started using Snapchat (my students had to show me how) but I don't think that I am using it correctly. I am pretty competent with a computer, so I can't say that I fit in the realm of the digital divide, so I am going to say that I am in the social divide. 

The only experience that I have with using any social media platform for professional purposes, is keeping students updated about the Surgical Technology profession through the professional organization Facebook page. 

My hope is to overcome my social media challenges and learn how the power of these social media platforms can be harnessed and used for good. Rather than creating social zombies. I am starting a new Surgical Technology program that I will deliver almost exclusively online, so I would like to utilize some of these medias in my classes in a meaningful way.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the "Cutting Edge" of Tweeting

Reflecting on Social Media in Learning